Prerequisites for running the Pm Wiki wiki engine:
- PHP 4.3 or later
- PHP 5.3 or later is recommended
- for PHP 5.5 to 7.4 compatibility use the current version of Pm Wiki
- Some sort of webserver that can run PHP scripts.
Pm Wiki has been reported to work with the following OS/webserver combinations:
- Apache 1.3 or 2.0, on roughly anything (Unix, Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X)
- Apache 2.4 or later is recommended
- lighttpd (1.4.19 php-fastcgi ssl) on Linux
- nginx (0.8.47) on Windows
- Microsoft Internet Information Server, on Windows
- Linux + LiteSpeedWeb Server Standard Edition
- appWeb (a small, php-enabled webserver) executing on a Linksys NSLU 2? Network Storage Link device
- Linux + Hiawatha
Pm Wiki has been reported not to work on:
- Mac OS before Mac OS X because there's no PHP available
- Specific Release Candidate builds of PHP 5.3 for Windows may not work correctly with passwords
The Standalone recipe provides a special, bare-bones webserver application that can be used to run Pm Wiki in places where another webserver isn't available.
Pm Wiki can also be run from a USB drive.
This page may have a more recent version on pmwiki.org: PmWiki:Requirements, and a talk page: PmWiki:Requirements-Talk.